Thursday, June 26, 2008

55 dozen - count 'em

My sister, Libby, is a Children's Education minister and she wanted to give her Bible class teachers cookies as an appreciation gift. I suggested five cutters and then I asked her just how many teachers are we talking about. She said . . . . . .

130 teachers!!!!!
Okay, do the math . . . 5 x 130 = 650 cookies . . . give or take a dozen!

So that meant 11 dozen for each of the 5 cutters: boy, girl, book, heart-shape, and cross.


My friend, Denise, and I got the cookies baked. Then Libby, her daughter Gina, and Gina's friend Tim came on a Friday night and we got them all decorated by 5:30 am and then took a nap. We had the cookies bagged, tied, and in a sack by 2:30 pm.



I loved seeing the cookies all layed out on the tables. We pretty much did an assembly line for each design.


The book cutter made the Bible cookies. We added a red ribbon.



Here's what 55 dozen cookies look like in 15 paper sacks! The cookies made a special gift and the teachers were delighted to see them. This little cookie business has blessed lots of people and that's been my prayer all along.

1 comment:

susan said...

It's funny what sisters will do for each other! (and occasionally "to" each other!!)All of your cookies are gorgeous! Your blog is making me hungry and wondering why I gave up sugar???? (Oh yeah, cuz i'm a glutton...*sigh*, Oh well, I can at least look, I don't think that adds any calories does it?)